About the Pulsed Flow-Through Humidifier
For those who prefer the convenience of disposable evaporative media, our patented pulsed flow-through humidifier saves up to 80% of the water used by ordinary flow-through humidifiers.
Features and Benefits of the Pulsed Flow-Through Humidifier
- WATER EFFICIENT FLOW-THROUGH
- Patented¹ electronic water flow control reduces demand for water by up to 80% compared to ordinary flow-through humidifiers. When in operation, the water supply solenoid valve is pulsed on for approximately 2-4 seconds, sufficient time to soak the entire evaporative pad. Upon saturation, the valve is closed for approximately 30 seconds to allow the dispersed water to evaporate without the waste of excess water flowing into the pad and down the drain. The interval times on this cycle can be changed depending on the type of furnace.
- FILTER FRAME
- Large 9.5″ x 9.5″ x 1 5/8″ replaceable filter pad is encased in a disposable frame designed to retain water during the quenching cycle which further reduces wasted run-off water.
- WATER HAMMER PROTECTION
- Quiet and reliable operation of DCV solenoid valve is further enhanced by section of engineered rubber hose to absorb potential ‘water-hammer’ shock.
- EFFICIENT OPERATION
- The electronic water flow controller limits the amount of waste water which also reduces energy loss from furnace heat which is no longer transferred to the excess flow-through water normally lost down the drain.
- UNIVERSAL MOUNTING
- Can be used with left or right side air intake when installed on cold-air return duct. Uses standard humidifier 24VAC power input.
- EASY TO INSTALL
- Light weight, compact design. Comes complete with all installation parts and humidistat control.
- Limited lifetime warranty on durable plastic frame and door.
¹ US Patent 6,354,572, Canadian Patent CA 2,313,402